Hey Guys !
Bangalore weather has been changing and yesterday we welcomed a surprise shower! It made the weather so pleasant.. It was a beautiful night.. cool moist air.. a much needed break from the harsh drying winters of last few months.
Soups are a perfect meal for cold winter nights. It was time to post a soup recipe before we say good bye to winters 🙂 . Last few weeks have been a bit frantic with a family members sickness. Its been a while I got time to engage in social media activity. Yesterday was a late night dinner for me. Soupy dinners are so satisfying.. light on tummy.. Hydrating for the body. Although with my metabolism soups usually don’t suffice after a day with multiple yoga sessions.. but they are so enjoyable and easy to make. And my soups are filled with vegetables 😀 .. I wanna do more soup dinners this year. More Soup More salad and More Smoothie. 3 important diet goals this year 🙂
If you are someone who enjoys the natural flavor and aroma of vegetables this soup will appeal to you 🙂 . Its nice to ditch all the masala (dry spices) of typical Indian cooking sometimes and just enjoy the veges in a form closer to their natural taste. This one’s just flavored with salt pepper , a bay leaf and basil. Minestrone Soup loaded with a variety of veges. I add a bit of flat noodles here to get some of my carbs. If you want to keep it lighter you can skip the noodles! Choose your own favorite veges to add to this soup. Missing a few of the ingredients mentioned below won’t make it any less enjoyable.
This warm bowl of goodness (actually three bowls 😛 ) with some yummy soups sticks made a perfect dinner for me yesterday. Hope you love it too!
2 Tbs Olive oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
1/2 cup Carrot finely chopped
1/2 cup Brocolli finely chopped
1/2 cup yellow Zucchini finely chopped
1/4 cup firm Tofu finely cubed
1/2 cup celery finely chopped
1 big tomato Pureed
1/2 Cup Cooked flat noodles (or pasta of your choice)
2-3 Tbs chopped basil leaves (more for garnish)
1 Bay leaf
Salt & Pepper
3-4 cups of water
1. Heat Olive oil in a pan and add onions & 1 bay leaf. Saute till onions are transparent.
2. Add the carrots , celery , Broccoli , Tofu and zucchini to the pan. Stir all the ingredients. (Tip – Cut veggies to approx same size)
3. Add fresh homemade tomato puree. Add salt and pepper and chopped basil leaves. Add water and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the flame once soup starts boiling and allow it to cook for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add boiled noddles/pasta to the soup and add some more chopped basil for a fresh flavor. Pick out the bay leaf.
6. Stir well and pour into a bowl. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Enjoy this hearty soup with crunchy soup sticks
Note – Use homemade tomato puree for a healthier and fresh soup. Tomato Puree – (Blanch a tomato in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Cool. Remove the skin and blend into a puree)